Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Michael Schiavo and Angie Paccione team up for privacy

A Daily Kos post says that Angie Paccione and Michael Schiavo are going to pay Marilyn Musgrave's office a visit!
On Wednesday, June 12th, Michael Schiavo, the husband of Terri Schiavo, along with Colorado Congressional District 4 candidate Angie Paccione, will deliver a letter to the main Colorado office of Congresswoman Marilyn Musgrave in Loveland.

Michael will hand out copies of his letter and along with Angie Paccione, discuss Musgrave's interference in his private life at a press conference at 10:30 a.m. in Denver that same day.

Just like when she tried to stand in the way of stem cell research, remember when Musgrave joined that salivating angry bandwagon last year?

Mr. Speaker, there are doctors in this Chamber, there are lawyers in this Chamber, there are judges in this Chamber. I am none of those, but I am an elected Member of Congress. I am also a mother. Tonight in this gallery my daughter sits. I think of my daughter, I think of my other three children, and I think of the day they were born. I think of the milestones in their lives and the love that I have for them. I think of the lengths that I would go to protect my children as adults even if they had an injury. I think of the lengths that I would go to, to care for my children. I would die for my children. I would do anything for them.

My heart is raw when I hear the things about Terri Schiavo and her mother and her father and her siblings, because I just lost my brother in November. I think of how my life changed in an instant and all the lives of those who cared for him. We talk about a family decision. What about Terri's mom and dad? What about her siblings? What about the people who cared for her and nurtured her as she was growing up? Do you not think they know what Terri wants?

When we talk about a permanent vegetative state, I am offended by that. Terri smiles and acknowledges the people that love her when they come to see her. She cries when they leave. How heartless are we to call somebody like Terri Schiavo a vegetable? What are we thinking?

When we think about this case, we need to think about the message that we are sending to our children and our grandchildren. What we do in this Chamber tonight is as important as anything we have done in defending our Nation, in doing the things that we do as Members of Congress. When we react to the Terri Schiavo case, when we think about this legislation tonight, we need to think about the future and the message we are sending to our children and our grandchildren. (March 20, 2005, 109th Congress, 1st Session,151 Cong Rec H 1700)

More holy than you!

What a phony!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home