Sunday, April 30, 2006

Congresswoman Lovejoy at work

Okay, so she at least she doesn't call it a holocaust, but you have to get a load of Marilyn Musgrave's Mrs. Lovejoy approach to politics.

So last year, Congress was debating some sensible public support of stem cell research. In a bill that took into account some reasonable objections to using taxpayer dollars to fund any old thing, Rep. Diane DeGette sponsored legislation that made it okay to fund stem cell research so long as it only used embryos that were going to be discarded anyway. If excess embryos parents produced for in vitro fertilization are going to be discarded, why not help improve the lives of Americans suffering terribly from Alzeihmer's, Parkinson's, and spinal injuries?

That's not too hard to understand . . . unless you're Marilyn Musgrave:

Mr. Speaker, I recently had a granddaughter born. I looked at that little baby, and I was in love with her when I went to ultrasound and we saw her, even before she was born. When I saw the little snowflake children, I thought about their humanness. I thought about what joy they brought to their families. I thought about little children that needed to be comforted when they were hurt, little children that wanted to be put to bed at night with a kiss and a story, their wonderful humanness, and I thought about what the American people think of babies and how we cherish them. When I see these little children, I know their intrinsic value; and how we treat people, in whatever form of development, depends on how we perceive them.

The embryo is a human being at an early stage of development. When we talk to many who have great knowledge about this, and I appreciate the doctors in our presence, we should never spend the American taxpayers' dollars to take the life of an innocent human being.

As I look at this bill, I know it is very complex; but we need to always support human life.

It's not hard to read.

2 Comments:

Blogger Doogman said...

"When I see these little children, I know their intrinsic value; and how we treat people, in whatever form of development, depends on how we perceive them."
----
I suppose that's why she was behind repealing the Davis-Bacon Act.

She makes me physically ill.

Can't WAIT till the public debate.

I'll be front-row center with my videocam.

April 30, 2006 11:21 PM  
Blogger Musgrave Must Go said...

Tip of the iceberg, my friend. She's been at it for ever.

April 30, 2006 11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home